Skip to Content (Press Enter)
Healthoscopy™ Precision Health
Lose Weight Roadmap
Optimize Brain Health
Best Night's Sleep
Vitamins and Minerals
Food Behaviors & Addiction
Women's Health Assessment
Men's Health Assessment
Support & FAQ
Terms of Service
Green Bean Casserole
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Lactose-Free, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, AHS Elimination Diet
Positive Nutrition Aspects
Brain Healthy Food, Vitamin B6-Rich Food, Sulfur-Rich Food, Flavonoid-Rich Food, Vitamin K-Rich Food, Vitamin D-Rich Food, Magnesium-Rich Food
Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish
3. Fry pan
4. 9 by 9 glass baking dish
5. Large slotted spoon
6. Measuring spoons
7. Measuring cup
1 lb organic green beans
6 oz sliced organic onions
1 Tablespoon avocado or olive oil
8 oz organic mushrooms (adjust to taste)
4 oz vegetable broth
6 oz organic canned coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1st Caramelize the Onions
1. Wash the onion in the colander.
2. Dice, peel, and slice the onion.
3. Coat the bottom of the pan with olive or avocado oil.
4. Heat the olive or avocado oil to medium heat and add onion slices. Add the onion slices and stir to coat the onions with the oil.
5. Spread the onions out across the pan and let cook, stirring occasionally.
6. Depending on the heat of your stovetop burner, you may need to reduce the heat to medium or medium-low to prevent the onions from burning or drying out.
7. After 10 minutes, sprinkle some salt over the onions.
8. An approach to keeping the onions from drying out as they cook is to add a little water to the pan. Typically, add one ounce at a time.
9. Reduce the heat to low and let the onion cook slowly over the next 20 to 30 minutes until they become brown and caramelized. Be careful not to burn them.
10. Set the onion aside.
Prepare the Mushrooms
1. Wash the mushrooms in the colander. Then, slice the mushrooms.
2. Add the mushrooms to the fry pan.
3. Add 4 oz vegetable broth (this is the healthy alternative to sautéing in oil).
4. Add 6 oz canned coconut milk.
5. Bring the mushrooms, coconut, and broth to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Typically, the simmer is medium to medium low on the stove.
6. Now, the secret is to let this reduce slowly and to see the sauce thicken. Stir the sauce occasionally.
7. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce is thick.
8. Set the Mushrooms aside.
Steam the Green Beans (You can do this step concurrently with the onions)
1. Wash the green beans in the colander.
2. Put the green beans in a pot and cover them about ½ way with water.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Lower to a simmer and cover with the lid.
5. Cook for about 10 minutes.
Preparing the Casserole
1. Combine all of the ingredients in the glass baking dish, mixing them all together with the slotted spoon.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
3. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes until warm.
This is something that can be prepared the day before and refrigerated. About 30 minutes before the meal, put it in the oven.
Interested in improving your health and well-being? Learn more about how our Healthoscopy™ Solution can help you!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Connect with us on Linkedin
Our recipes at Wild Avocado are always Ad-Free.
All of the recipes are lactose-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
Great tasting "No Sugar, No Flour" recipes.
Cooking the Perfect Turkey
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Curry
Apple Wild Rice Stuffing
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Air Fried Salmon
Air Fried Italian Chicken with Garlic Sauce
Herb Riced Cauliflower
Homemade Dairy-Free Chocolate Ice Cream
Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse
Air Fried BBQ Chicken
Healthy Plaza 3 Steak Soup
Dairy Free Shrimp Bisque
Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce
Watermelon Rind Pickles
Air Fried Chicken
Wild Rice Soup
Click here to see your activities