Skip to Content (Press Enter)
Healthoscopy™ Precision Health
Lose Weight Roadmap
Optimize Brain Health
Best Night's Sleep
Vitamins and Minerals
Food Behaviors & Addiction
Women's Health Assessment
Men's Health Assessment
Support & FAQ
Terms of Service
Apple Wild Rice Stuffing
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Lactose-Free, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, AHS Elimination Diet
Positive Nutrition Aspects
Brain-Healthy Food, Flavonoid-Rich Food, Omega-3 Rich Food, Sulfur-Rich Food, Zinc-Rich Food, Vitamin B6-Rich Food, Vitamin K-Rich Food
Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish
2. Cutting Board
3. Paring Knife
4. Apple corer
6. Measuring Cups
7. Measuring Spoons
4 oz (dry) Wild Rice
4 oz organic celery about 3 stalks
8 oz organic onion about 1 medium onion
2 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
8 oz organic mushrooms (optional)
10 oz organic apples about 2 medium apples
2 Cups organic vegetable broth
1 Teaspoon sea salt or to taste
Pepper to taste
1 Teaspoon thyme
1 Teaspoon sage
½ Teaspoon ground rosemary (optional)
1. Wash the apples, mushrooms, celery, and onion thoroughly in the colander with cold water.
2. Peel and dice the onion.
3. Dice the celery into small pieces.
4. Cut the mushroom into small pieces. One method is to cut the mushroom in half and then slice that.
5. Core and slice the apples and then cut each slice into thirds.
6. Put the pot on the stove and coat the bottom well with the olive or avocado oil.
7. Set the stove to medium high.
8. Saute the onion, celery and mushrooms for 12 minutes. Sprinkle on the salt at the beginning.
9. Add the spice and herbs, apples, broth, and wild rice
10. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a slow boil.
11. Cook for 1 hour or until the wild rice is tender. Be patient as wild rice takes a while to cook and become tender. Also make sure that the pot does not run out of broth - add more as necessary.
12. If there is broth left at the end, just strain the stuffing.
13. At this point there are two options.
a. Cook the stuffing in the turkey (not vegan)
b. Cook the stuffing in a glass 9 by 9 baking dish
14. Enjoy a great gluten-free, nutrient-rich stuffing this Thanksgiving!
Interested in improving your health and well-being? Learn more about how our Healthoscopy™ Solution can help you!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
Connect with us on Linkedin
Our recipes at Wild Avocado are always Ad-Free.
All of the recipes are lactose-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
Great tasting "No Sugar, No Flour" recipes.
Cooking the Perfect Turkey
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Curry
Apple Wild Rice Stuffing
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Air Fried Salmon
Air Fried Italian Chicken with Garlic Sauce
Herb Riced Cauliflower
Homemade Dairy-Free Chocolate Ice Cream
Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse
Air Fried BBQ Chicken
Healthy Plaza 3 Steak Soup
Dairy Free Shrimp Bisque
Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce
Watermelon Rind Pickles
Air Fried Chicken
Wild Rice Soup
Click here to see your activities